Tattoo Aftercare | Xpose Tattoos Jaipur
1. Do not cover your tattoo again.
2. Washing your tattoo
Yes, you can wash your tattoo whenever you want, you can shower like you do, but don’t overdo it.
Wash your tattoo in luke – warm water using unscented mild anti-bacterial soap that too twice a day and then pat dry.
3. Drying your tattoo
Let your tattoo air dry. Pat it with a dry towel, but do not rub it ‘cause it might irritate the skin and hinder the healing process. Allow your tattoo to breathe, keep it as open as possible.
4. Applying Aftercare Ointment
After drying your tattoo, apply the given tattoo ointment by your tattoo artist. Do not apply a thick layer, it should be thin and rub it till it gets absorbed. If you apply a thick layer, suffocation will arise and bacterial growth will increase.
5. Do not apply petroleum jellies like Vaseline as they are too thick based and they clog pores which lead to fading of the tattoo ink.
Ask your tattoo Artists for ointments like Tattoo Goo, Tat-Wax, H2O clean, After Inked etc.
Continue washing, drying and applying ointment till the tattoo starts to heal.
6. Bathe and shower as normal but do not soak your tattoo.
There are many factors that might infect your tattoo or damage the skin. Hence to avoid dirt and bacterial infections, AVOID:
- Swimming : It infects the skin.
- Soaking for long in bath tubs
- Sunlight exposure : It’s the worst thing to do to your tattoo. Apply sunscreen after healing to avoid fading of ink.
- Picking : Scab might fall and leave holes and empty places on the skin.
- Applying unclean hands
- Tight fitting clothes
- If your skin starts to itch a little, gently pat or slap it, do not itch it.
It takes several more weeks for the skin to return to normal condition, so sit back and have PATIENCE. Your Tattoo is like a wound so it will take its own time to heal properly, Healing doesn’t happen overnight.
It doesn’t matter if you got your tattoo from the most hygienic place or not, cause if you don’t take proper after-care, your tattoo is bound to get ruined! Trust your artist and do your own research, please do not rely on Information from others
Tattoo Aftercare By Xpose Tattoos Jaipur